What is Coaching?
Coaching sessions are non-directive, in that I do not give advice or do the important thinking for you. I work hard to help you arrive at the discoveries on your own, empowering you with ownership of your own learning and growth and active perspective shifting.
“Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.“
International Coaching Federation
“Coaching inherently involves a RELATIONAL process of learning in individuals, groups, teams and organizations that ultimately leads to change.The purpose of the coaching relationship and related conversation(s) is to support the client to enact change. In this process, the coach can also experience learning that results in change.“
UBC Certificate in Organizational Coaching (2013)
“Coaching is a unique opportunity to focus and move forward on your personal, professional or organizational goals through the exploration of ideas and candid dialogue with a confidential and unbiased thinking partner.“
Coaching at UBC
What is the difference between being Coached vs Mentored?
Mentoring is where I work in a coach-approach manner but will provide advice and provide education beneficial for clients who aren't ready for coaching and doesn’t know where to begin yet, hasn't quite gained the awareness needed to be be more self directive.
“You can’t possibly know what you don't know until you discovered what that is. Then you can shift from not knowing to knowing and doing something about it.” having a point to aim for.
Mentoring provides the opportunity for us to focus on specific knowledge or skills and cultivate competencies you'd like to learn & understand more about by working with me one-on-one or in a group. Topics such as mindfulness, positive intelligence, emotional intelligence, self leadership competencies, design thinking mindset/growth mindset, developing further clarity on values and purpose how to apply to different situations, and much more.
Once you begin your journey with self-leadership in awareness of thought, emotions and behaviour, you’re primed for coaching sessions, where you get to the work of beginning to self-guided live learning.
What are the differences between Coaching and Counselling
Am I a good fit for being coached?
- Focus your attention on your self development
- You're ready and willing to get honest and vulnerable enough to surface what is holding you back or not been working in your life
- Committed to holding yourself accountable. Showing up on-time for your session(s) and do the work that is required.
- There will be handpicked 'homework' assigned to you in helping to grow your own knowledge, understand yourself and your needs better, track progress through reflective questions post sessions, and behaviour-based actions to take to help you explore. All tools and activities are curated to benefit you, to help you gain the most impact in the transformation of you, towards thriving
- Understand that how much you put in to this is how much you will get out of this experience. The more you are 'all in; and are consistent with, the more benefits you will reap
How many sessions do I need?
On average clients find the most value with the 6 session program to be completed within a 2 month/8 week timeline.
Then some clients will choose to have one-off sessions for specific smaller challenges they're are facing on the go.
Others choose to have mentoring sessions when they feel there are specific knowledge or skills and cultivate competencies they'd like to learn more about by working with me, such as mindfulness, positive intelligence, emotional intelligence, self leadership competencies, design thinking mindset/growth mindset, developing further clarity on values and purpose how to apply to different situations, and much more.