What is a Service Jam & How can I join?
JUST 48 HRS TO CHANGE THE WORLD…
The first Global Service Jam took place in March 2011, where more than 1200 participants in more than 50 cities created around 200 unique service designs around the Theme “(Super)HEROES”.
The Global Service Jam is a non-profit volunteer activity organized by an informal network of service design afficinados, who all share a common passion for growing the field of service design and customer experience. The Jam has a staff of none and a budget of nearly nothing. – GSJ HQ
WHAT IS A SERVICE JAM?
Each year, for one weekend, people interested in service design and service experience will meet in Vancouver and other locations all over the globe.
In a spirit of experimentation, innovation, co-operation and friendly competition, [organically formed] teams will have less than 48 hours to develop and prototype completely new services inspired by a shared theme. At the end of the weekend, their collection of brand new services will be published to the world.
WHAT IS SERVICE DESIGN?
WHO CAN JOIN?
Anyone can take part. You just need to be interested in services or creativity, and have an open, enquiring mind. You might be a service designer, an academic, a customer, a student, a customer experience person, a UX ninja, a patient, someone in the customer frontline, unemployed, an actor, an artist, a doctor, or a grandpa.
As a participant in the Global service jam, you will work through a whole design process in one weekend. Whether you are experienced or completely new to the field, you won’t just be talking about service design, you will be working with others on developing concrete ideas and designs which could become real.
- You will learn more about a design-based approach to problems, and about sustainability.
- You will pick up a load of new ideas and work practices.
- You will meet a lot of cool people at all levels of experience.
- Your work and ideas will be reviewed by your peers, and presented to the world, where they can be seen by potential customers or employers, or people who could make them real.
- You will design something that may become a real business.
- You might get rich and famous.
- You will certainly have a blast.
AND WHEN WE’RE DONE, WE CAN ALL GO FOR A WELL EARNED DRINK!
EVENT SPONSERS + SUPPORTERS
Big gratitude goes out to the following organisations and volunteers who helped to make the 2015 Global Service Jam possible:
SNACKS AND REFRESHMENTS:
Day 1 – Service Design Vancouver
Day 2 – Bolliger & Associates
Day 3 – Service Design Vancouver