WHAT IS A SERVICE JAM?
Each year, people interested in service design and service experience will meet in Vancouver and other locations all over the globe.
In a spirit of experimentation, innovation, co-operation and friendly competition, [organically formed] teams will have less than 48 hours to develop and prototype completely new services inspired by a shared theme. At the end of the 48 hours, their collection of brand new services will be published to the world.
WHAT IS SERVICE DESIGN?
WHO CAN JOIN?
Anyone can take part. You just need to be interested in services or creativity, and have an open, enquiring mind. You might be a service designer, an academic, a customer, a student, a customer experience person, a UX ninja, a patient, someone in the customer frontline, unemployed, an actor, an artist, a doctor, or a grandpa.
As a participant in the service jam, you will work through a whole design process in one weekend. Whether you are experienced or completely new to the field, you won’t just be talking about service design, you will be working with others on developing concrete ideas and designs which could become real.
- You will learn more about a design-based approach to problems, and about sustainability.
- You will pick up a load of new ideas and work practices.
- You will meet a lot of cool people at all levels of experience.
- Your work and ideas will be reviewed by your peers, and presented to the world, where they can be seen by potential customers or employers, or people who could make them real.
- You will design something that may become a real business.
- You might get rich and famous.
- You will certainly have a blast.
AND WHEN WE’RE DONE, WE CAN ALL GO FOR A WELL EARNED DRINK!